Bonus: High-Knee Oblique Twist
- Begin by standing with your feet hip-width apart.
- Make a fist with both hands and bend the elbows to where your hands are about level with your chin.
- Drive the right knee up, twist your torso to the right, and bring the knee to meet your left elbow.
- Immediately repeat with the left knee meeting your right elbow and do this in a hopping motion while staying on the balls of your feet.
- Keep your abdominal muscles engaged as your knees come up, squeeze the side oblique muscles as you twist.
You can add this exercise to any of your routines or do it as a stand-alone. Try to keep moving for at least 20 minutes at a time; if you can't do the regular high-knee exercise the entire time, switch back and forth between that one and the high-knee march. You can always work your way up to longer periods of time. Put on some good music, have fun with it, and go get those killer legs and abs.